5 Questions to Ask a Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Florida
If you’ve been injured or hurt on the job, it’s crucial to get the compensation you deserve. Medical bills can skyrocket and your ability to work may be compromised, and it’s important to be awarded the rights available to you.
Unfortunately, there are many instances where employers fail or refuse to give employees the full compensation they deserve after a workplace accident or injury. If you believe this is the case, then it’s time to work with a workers comp attorney to appreciate your rights. However, the workers’ comp attorney that you decide to work with could be the determining factor in whether or not you collect the benefits you deserve.
By interviewing candidates and knowing what to look for, you can find a workers’ comp attorney that is best suited for your case:
- What information do I need to bring? When you meet with a workers’ comp attorney for the initial consultation, he or she will need documentation concerning the case in order to tell you how he can help. Whether you’ve worked with insurance adjusters or have evidence from your employer, basic information is necessary to discuss what can and can’t be done.
- What’s your experience in the field? Once you know what information you need to bring to your initial consultation, you should ask what experience the attorney has in handling workers’ compensation. Many attorneys practice in a wide range of cases. But at The Hoffman Firm, our Workers Compensation Center is completely devoted and dedicated to serving employees and helping them get the benefits they deserve.
- What should I expect in legal fees? This is not what you will pay to your workers’ comp attorney. Rather, these are the costs needed to manage the case, acquire witnesses, and any other miscellaneous legal expenses.
- What does my case look like? Consulting with a workers’ comp attorney will help you understand the strengths and weaknesses of your case, and whether or not you can realistically see some money for your injury or illness.
- What can I do to help my case? The reality is that you want to take every action necessary to ensure that you enjoy the workers’ compensation that you deserve. Whether it’s gathering medical records or simply recording what happened, there are ways you can help the case.
After interviewing workers’ comp attorneys, the solution should be clear: you want an attorney who is experienced and dedicated to workers’ comp cases. At The Hoffman Firm, our Workers Compensation Center is completely dedicated to your rights and your case. Contact us today!
Evan A. Hoffman
Mr. Hoffman’s philosophy is "our knowledge and experience is your best defense." He has been a featured author on criminal law issues such as driving under the influence, domestic violence and illegal searches.Read More